Role: Project Development Officer
Reporting to: Special Projects Lead and Impact Lead.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience.
Experience: At least 3 years professional experience.
Employment Type: Full time, three months probation.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
BuildX Studio envisions a world made for people and planet by creating the buildings of a radically better tomorrow.
BuildX is a gender-lens design-build-develop B Corporation working towards a world where all buildings are radically better: buildings that are net zero carbon, more equitably designed, and enhance quality of life and wellbeing.
Following a Theory of Change approach, we build partnerships to package these innovations for replication at scale, transforming the way we build and its impact on people and our planet.
As a Project Development Officer, you will be a key part of our Special Projects and Impact Departments. You will be responsible for undertaking and leading research; preparing recommendations to support and satisfy project requirements by developing concepts, including gathering, analysis, and report writing. This position plays a critical role in identifying opportunities to innovate in project delivery. You will also provide support across other departments, including design, construction and real estate development, actively contributing
to the company’s overall mission.
1. Conduct market research and feasibility studies (desktop and field research, data analysis, report writing);
2. Contribute to sourcing land and to assessing their development potential;
3. Lead research, monitoring and evaluation activities alongside one of our green and affordable housing development projects;
4. Coordinate regular engagement with external project and research partners;
5. Contribute to project management activities for an affordable housing development project (preparation of meetings, minutes and presentations, coordination of one or several specific workstreams);
6. Engage in collaborative work with the Design and Construction teams to develop innovative value propositions on the projects;
7. Coordinate external dissemination of research outputs.
We’re looking for innovators, systems thinkers and creative talents. We want to hear from people inspired and driven to change the world.
There are some key skills and qualities that are a must-have for this role;
1. An analytical and curious mind with excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills, including working collaboratively with others from different cultural backgrounds.
3. An appetite for creativity and entrepreneurship in development of new ideas and out of the box projects.
4. Details-oriented, well organised, and proactive in completing work accurately and meeting deadlines.
5. Strong English-language communication skills, both spoken and written.
In addition to the above, we’ll get very excited by candidates with expertise and experience in;
• Affordable housing
• Green Buildings
• Market research
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in real estate or equivalent;
• At least 3 years of relevant experience;
• Proficient with MS Office Suite.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is of the greatest importance to us. At BuildX we celebrate our diverse team and welcome all applicants warmly.
Our Commitment to You
BuildX Studio is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do not discriminate, and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. Join us and you will find yourself in an environment where innovation, inspiration and creativity are second nature. You will be surrounded by industry leaders and curious, ambitious colleagues – working together to develop the business in line with ever changing end user needs.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
In addition to outlining your relevant expertise and experience, please also tell us why you want to work at BuildX Studio.